NO. it is absolutely not because you are not working out. Although exercise is a very important factor in weight loss, it is very important to remember that weight loss is ABOUT 80% NUTRITION AND 20% EXERCISE.
- 1st thing to do…cut out all sugar drinks. (sodas, Juices, un-natural flavored waters, etc.) anything that is filled with sugar. As hard as it is, stick with water.
- 2nd thing…unless your meat is grilled, or baked, it is not a good idea to eat it if you are trying to lose weight. Fried food, is a serious no-no!
- 3rd thing…focus on what you are seasoning your food with. Look in the grocery store for salt-free seasonings. Mrs. Dash has many options. Many people do not realize the amount of sodium they are adding to the food they are cooking. More sodium will have you retain water, which will increase your weight.
- 4th thing….I know it sounds like common sense but use portion control. Yes you might be eating something healthy, but eating a lot more food than you should will not help you to lose weight. Especially if you are not burning the calories by working out.
- 5th thing. SUGARS! Candy, and sweets, have to go. Its okay for a tiny portion once in a while, and there are healthy alternatives, but brownies, cookies, candy, ETC needs to go.
- 6th thing…processed foods. SO BAD for you! If you can buy it in the frozen section, or it comes in a box, its probably not the best idea. Try to truly limit what processed foods you are eating. Buying frozen meals filled with chemicals and sodium is 1 of the biggest “healthy easting” mistakes you can make.
I know this all really does sound like common sense, but believe it or not, people don’t get it. Healthy eating is what weight loss is all about. Even if you are counting calories, you have to be mindful of what foods, chemicals, seasonings, sugars, etc you are putting in your body.
Focus on eating 5-6 times a day, smaller meals. Focus on proteins! Protein is so important. It helps you to feel fuller longer, and helps your metabolism.
I truly hope this could be of some help to people. There is no way someone cant lose any pounds if they are eating extremely healthy. With out without the gym, weight is lost in the kitchen, and bodies are transformed in the gym.
Do I workout? YES 6 times a week minimum. I happened to love working out, and love making changes in my body, but it is not impossible to lose weight without going to a gym. Change your eating habits. Realize this is a lifestyle change you need to make. It is a mentality. If you want to do it, and you are ready to do it, you will accomplish it.
Plan ahead (see previous blog entry about planning your meals ahead of time)-throw out all junk food & keep healthy options in your fridge, and you will end up making better choices.